The handover is the perfect opportunity for you to find out all the details and special features of the camper you have rented. You should arrange the time and place for the handover with the owner before the rental period begins. Plan enough time for the owners to show you everything without rushing.
Important: Make sure you bring these things with you to the handover:
- Driving licence (also for additional drivers)
- ID card / passport (also for additional drivers)
- A print out of the handover report
- Your deposit (if you have arranged to pay this in cash)
- When you complete the handover report together with the owner, make sure to include as much detail as possible. You can find your personalised template under the booking details in your profile.
- The inventory and documentation of the current condition of the vehicle and equipment are crucial for a successful handover. Set aside plenty of time! This applies to both the interior and exterior (body) of the camper.
- Try out what the owner has shown you straight away to help you remember things.
- Allow time for a test drive! This is the best way to get accustomed to the vehicle with guidance.